Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Birthday To Me.

Happy Birthday to me. 

For the last few weeks, I've been thinking about starting a blog to document my life at 40. I was wondering if I was going to get around to doing it. I have a lot of "good ideas" but I seem to let them fall to the wayside more often than not. So getting this blog started is an accomplishment in itself. 

Today I turned 40. To be quite frank it doesn't feel much different thank 39. Nothing much changed from yesterday to today. Not that I expected it to. I just thought I'd mention it. 

I'm not really sure what to expect from my 40's. Assuming I'm alive for the next 10 years, there will be some pretty significant milestones: 

  • Both my kids will graduate from high school. 
  • Both my kids will learn to drive. 
  • I'll be married for 28 years. 
  • I'll pay off my house. 
Those are a few things that just popped into my head. I'm sure there will be plenty more. 

I feel like I wasted my 30's. I did what I had to do to get by, but I don't feel like I did anything extraordinary. Hopefully, when I look back on my 40's I won't feel the same way. 

Right now, I'm outside enjoying a cigar and a glass of Pinot Noir. 

Happy Birthday to me. 

#sothisisforty (will hash tags still be a thing at 50?)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you had an enjoyable day. Yes, make every moment of your years count; work toward security for your future for certain. I'm almost twice your age and now see where, when and why I failed to do the same and also wasted so much time. It hurts! Truly does. oh, I found you just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement Sissy! It was a great 40th Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of Birthdays to you!! :) Apparently, we are about the same age. I had big plans for my 40th, which didn't quite work out, so I've decided to go from 39 to 41, omitting 40 all together.

    In case you were wondering what happened, here's the link.

    http://mom2mentalmidgets.blogspot.com/2014/10/its-not-every-day.html

    Thanks for stopping by... and yeah... it's WAY too much snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Juli! I just read your post about your Birthday. "Wow" is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete