Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Why would they do that?

A quick rant: I saw a commercial today on CBS for a new sitcom: "The Odd Couple." I don't understand the thinking behind a reboot on a classic. What's next, a reboot of "Cheers?" <\rant>

Today was my first day back to work after a 3 day weekend. Overall I'd say it was a semi-productive day. I've been at this job 2 years and I always struggle to get going after a two and especially 3 days weekends. However, hasn't always been that way for me. I'd like to think it's because I'm older and just don't have the stamina I used to, but that wouldn't be true.

The truth is I don't love my job. I like it and I'm good at it but I'm not passionate about it. I believe the lack of passion is what makes it so difficult to come to work excited. Don't misunderstand me though. I'm very thankful, grateful and blessed to have the job I have. It allows me to financially support my family and live a life many would gladly trade for. I  haven't lost that perspective. I just feel like there is something else out there for me. Something I could be passionate above and love doing. 

I read that Steve Jobs once said: “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”

I guess I'll just keep looking for the job I love. In the meantime, I'll keep doing the best I can at the job I like.


5 comments:

  1. I agree, I don't think they should bring back classic shows and revamp there with current stars. Same thing when they remake movies. You are young enough to keep looking for that job that feels you with a passion to go to work, good luck with your efforts to do so :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can't be that hard to come up with an original show can it? I'm with you on the movies. Try a little harder Hollywood!

      Delete
  2. The last half of my working life, I worked for myself. . . now there was a really tough boss, made me work on Christmas a couple of times. When there was a job to do, you worked on it until it was done, period. Many times I worked 7 days a week, now at age 72, I don't do any more work for pay and try to survive on just S.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you were a hard ass boss!

      Delete
    2. I sure was!! Now, all I want to do is rock in my rocking chair and pick my old guitar.

      Delete